e-book GameIT: Gamestorming for Innovative Teaching
Development period: 1 May 2019 to 20 May 2020
Description: The publication will be devoted to the problems of designing, creating and using role-playing games and board games as innovative didactic tools for educational purposes, with special attention to game implementation and use within programs in arts, humanities, didactics, etc.
The e-book will include issues related to the aspects of:
- learning outcomes – skills and competences developed by using the board games and role-playing games in the classroom environment, with special attention to intercultural aspects,
- gamification and game-making processes, including methodological background adopted in the project,
- board games and role-playing games implementation possibilities in study programs in the humanities and arts,
- methodological guidelines on designing the games and game scenarios corresponding to the needs of higher education,
- methodological tools and techniques for the academic teachers and lecturers, including the description of teacher-moderator role, teaching techniques and methods,
- case studies and presentations of using the games during classes,
- conclusions from the project, especially game tests performed within the project and intensive study program.
The e-book will combine both the theoretical aspects and the practical guidelines for potential users, as well as presentation of game usage case studies.
Leading organization: Wyższa Szkoła Filologiczna we Wrocławiu, Poland