German Philology for Beginners
The program is designed for students who do not know German yet and who want to start learning German from the very beginning. Undergraduate studies (BA or licencjat in Polish) in German Philology will allow you to acquire knowledge and practical skills connected with learning and teaching German as well as other useful professional skills.
Program of studies
The program of studies has been developed on the basis of our academic faculty expertise and the latest information technology. The program consists of specialized thematic module:
- Practical Language (or PNJN in Polish): develops the four skills: speaking, listening, reading and writing as well as vocabulary and grammar.
- Culture Studies: this module familiarizes students with the culture and history of German speaking countries. You will learn history of literature, history of language, some aspects of European integration, stereotypes, multimedia and many others.
- Communication: these classes will help you gain knowledge in the fields of pedagogy, social psychology, sociology, philosophy and interpersonal communication.
- Modern Technology: courses inncluded in this module will show you how to use the Internet, multimedia and other modern technologies in your future job.
- Glottodidactics: this module prepares you to become a teacher of German as a foreign language. You will learn different methods of teaching, some aspects of psychopedagogy and you will do teaching practice.
- Diploma Seminar: prepares you to write your BA thesis and take your BA exam.
German Language Program - beginner are available in full-time and part-time modes of study.
Specializations available: Language for Business and Tourism, Foreign Language Teaching.