Italian Philology for Beginners
Undergraduate studies (BA or licencjat in Polish) in Italian Philology will allow you to acquire knowledge and practical skills connected with learning and teaching Italian as well as other useful professional skills. No initial knowledge of Italian is required as learning the language starts from the very beginning.
Program of studies
The program of studies has been developed on the basis of our academic faculty expertise and the latest information technology. The program consists of specialized thematic modules:
- Practical Language (or PNJW in Polish): develops the four skills: speaking, listening, reading and writing as well as vocabulary and grammar.
- Culture Studies: this module familiarizes students with the culture and history of Italian speaking countries. You will learn history of literature, history of language, some aspects of European integration, stereotypes, multimedia and many others.
- Communication: these classes will help you gain knowledge in the fields of pedagogy, social psychology, sociology, philosophy and interpersonal communication.
- Modern Technology: courses in this module will show you how to use the Internet, multimedia and other modern technologies in your future job.
- Glottodidactics: this module prepares you to become a teacher of Italian as a foreign language. You will learn different methods of teaching, some aspects of psychopedagogy and you will do teaching practice.
- Diploma Seminar: prepares you to write your BA thesis and take your BA exam.
Italian Language Program is available within full-time and part-time modes os study.
Specializations available: Language for Business and Tourism, Foreign Language Teaching.